Need Emergency Water Restoration Services in the Southern California Area?
Water can sometimes cause more damage than fire. It has the tendency to sink into building materials, furniture, floors, upholstery, etc, and damage them from within. That’s why it’s important to call Cypress water damage emergency services as soon as you see signs of flooding or water damage. At We Dry Water Damage, we respond quickly to emergencies and try to keep the damage to a minimum.
When Should You Call?
Water damage caused by small leakages and dripping faucets aren’t a cause for concern. You can shut off the water supply to these pipes and clean up the floor or walls surrounding it. However, there are some occasions in which you need to call a professional to handle the problem because you won’t have the right tools to do so.
- Flood damage caused by natural disasters like storms.
- Sewer backup due to collapsed pipes or clogged drains.
- Basement floods due to high water tables, poor drainage from roof and backyard, etc.
- Burst pipes or backup in the internal plumbing systems.
If you face these problems, we recommend that you call on our emergency line immediately.
First Steps to Take
If you take the right steps in the beginning, you will able to minimize the water damage and ensure it doesn’t spread to other areas of your property. This isn’t always possible, especially in case of natural floods and storms because of the large volume of water. Here are some of the steps you should take:
- Move away from the flooded location and find a safe place where you won’t come in contact with the water.
- Call your insurance company and inform them about the flood. They will ask you questions to assess the extent of the damage and offer recommendations.
- After you’ve informed the insurance company, call us and listen to instructions that our customer care executive will give you. They might recommend early steps to help control the flood damage while they dispatch the clean-up and restoration crew to your location.
Why Should You Call?
Some people are hesitant to call professionals and wonder if they can handle the clean-up process themselves. We don’t recommend that you try to perform the clean-up yourself, especially if you don’t know where the water is coming from. Here are some reasons why you should call a professional to handle the job.
- The water might be contaminated – There are three different kinds of water you have to deal with in these situations. Clean water is the safest to handle because it doesn’t have many harmful microbes or chemicals in it. Slightly contaminated or gray water might cause allergies and illness if you come in contact with it.
This water has harmful microbes and fungi in it. Contaminated water or black water is usually found in situations like natural floods and sewage backups. You need to avoid this water as much as you can because it will contain deadly pathogens. Professionals will know how to handle water safely.
- You need the right tools – Water clean-up can be tedious and time consuming if you don’t have the right tools. You will have to use a bucket and physically haul the water away from the flooded region. Professionals will use equipment like vacuum pumps and tanks to pull the water away from the flooded area and dispose it off at a safe location quickly. This will also help minimize the flood damage.
- They will know how to restore your property – Professionals will know the right restoration techniques and will advice you on the best products to use to get the best results. They will get your property back to its former glory in no time.
How Do We Help Before Arriving at Your Location?
Clients almost always panic when they have a flood, especially if the flood is widespread and they can’t stop the progress of water. Our customer service agents are trained to provide the best possible advice during a water damage emergency. Here’s how we help you even before our team arrives on your property.
- 24/7 – We really mean 24/7 services so you can call us at any time of the day or week and expect a quick response. Our skilled and dedicated customer service team is always on hand and will receive your call regardless of the time.
- Advice – Our professional customer care agents will help you stay calm and take the right steps to ensure your safety. They will ask a series of questions that helps them determine the extent of the damage and will collect all the information that the clean-up crew will need.
- Dispatch – Once they’re determined that your situation is truly an emergency, they’ll consider response to your call a priority and alert our clean-up crew. The crew is dispatched immediately after your call to ensure there are no delays. Our people will be at your location in no time.
Our Clean-up Process
Our clean-up process is straight-forward and well-planned. We’ve been a part of this industry for several years now and have handled many flood water damage situations. We know what works and what doesn’t so we can perform the clean-up swiftly and efficiently. Here’s a brief description of the process:
- Assessment – When our crew arrives at your location, they’ll work on setting up the equipment as they assess the damage. They will take pictures and mark areas that are likely to hold hidden pools of water after the flood water is drained. This assessment will help them plan the clean-up process carefully and ensure they don’t miss anything. They’re very thorough and will examine the affected area carefully.
- Draining the Water – Once the assessment is complete and the equipment is set up, we’ll work on removing the excess water from the premises. We use vacuum pumps and storage tanks for this purpose. Our clean-up crew will direct the flood water from the location to the clean-up tank with the help of our powerful vacuum pump. The storage tank ensures we can transport the collected liquid to a safe disposal site.
- Drying – Draining the water is just a part of the process. The lingering moisture in the air and the layer of water covering all surfaces must be removed as well. We use industrial-sized fans and efficient dehumidifiers for this purpose. We will also open all doors and windows to let the natural light and air in as this will help with the process. This step will help us prevent the growth of mold.
- Mold Remediation – Mold and mildew are very opportunistic and require the slightest encouragement to flourish. If there are any pockets of moisture and dampness in your property, you can be certain that mold will develop in it within 24 to 48 hours. While our clean-up crew is very thorough and efficient, it’s entirely possible that mold would develop despite our efforts. We use effective mold remediation techniques and solutions to handle the problem.
- Deodorization – Water damage can leave behind a strong odor, especially on porous surfaces like fabric and wood. This odor can linger for days and make the environment on your property very uncomfortable. We will use effective deodorization techniques to remove all odors and ensure your indoor air is pleasant and smells fresh.
Damage Restoration Services
Once we have cleaned up the flood waters, we move on to the restoration. Our experts will examine the property carefully and look at all the furniture, personal items, permanent installations, etc, to determine the extent of the damage. After their assessment is complete, they’ll provide a clear and detailed report to you and your insurance company.
We always aim to save items that can be repaired, especially if these items have personal value. However, sometimes we must recommend a complete replacement, especially if the items are exposed to contaminated water. During the restoration process, our experts will also examine the physical integrity of the drywalls, floors, and permanent fixtures present on your property.
The personnel will determine whether the drywalls and floors should be refinished or replaced entirely. They will make sure that your property looks as good as new before they consider their jobs done.
Areas Other Professionals Will Miss or Ignore
Water can sneak into hard-to-reach spaces and corners on your property. Inexperienced clean-up professionals often miss or ignore such areas and that can lead to pockets of mold and dampness. We take particular care to examine and clean the areas mentioned below:
- Air ducts – Both moisture and dirt can accumulate here and create a good environment for mold and microbes. They can also clog the filters in the ducts and compromise the indoor air quality of your property.
- Basements – Basements are dark, damp, and warm, so they’re particular susceptible to mold and mildew. Inexperienced clean-up crews don’t know how to eliminate excessive moisture from the basement effectively. They also don’t check any hard-to-reach areas in your basement.
- Crawl spaces – A property has crawl spaces in and underneath it. These areas can collect water and moisture during floods and are often ignored. Unfortunately, they quickly become breeding grounds for insects, pests, microbes, and mold.
- Under carpets – Carpets need to be removed and cleaned separately after a flood. Many clean-up crews take the shorter route and just steam clean over them. This doesn’t clean the excess moisture trapped underneath the carpet and that can lead to mold.
Why Should You Hire Us?
In flood and water-damage related situations, you need a reliable Cypress water damage emergency services provider. They need to work quickly and efficiently in order to minimize the damage as much as they can. That’s why you should call us.
- We’re licensed and certified so we follow industry standards and adhere to the regulations laid down by the authorities.
- Our company has comprehensive insurance coverage so the interests of our clients as well as our employees are protected.
- Our clean-up and damage restoration experts are well-trained and up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques.
- We will help you with the insurance and ensure you get the claim you’re eligible to. We communicate directly with the insurance companies so you don’t have to deal with the hassle.
If you want excellent Cypress water damage emergency services, don’t hesitate to give us at We Dry Water Damage a call or get in touch with us through our contact form.